With over 3 billion social media users these days, several brands have touched the pinnacle of success just by reaching out to the right target market. The brands we are talking about didn’t achieve all this using a mysterious “magic wand”, rather they figured out the key to leverage the social media ads campaigns. Needless to say, Facebook has emerged out to be one of the top social media platforms having most of the percentage of overall users.
Here in this article, we will focus on teaching you the simplest of the methods to create and manage ads on Facebook. Additionally, we will also guide you on how can you boost your posts using simple techniques.
How to create ads campaign on Facebook
Before jumping right in, let’s make it quite clear that any social media strategy, doesn’t matter how effective it may be, can’t make an impact if it’s free. Paid advertising is the key factor which many campaigners ignore to opt for. Getting enough reach for your content on Facebook definitely calls for paid campaigns. Let’s find out how you can get the most out of your ads campaign on Facebook and primarily, how to create one!
There are seven basic steps which you’ll have to follow while creating a Facebook ads campaign.
1. Set Goals for Your Facebook Ads
Without taking a leap of faith, always take a step back to ponder, “Why and for what I am advertising for? What I want to achieve from this ads campaign?” If you are able to think of the answers to these questions beforehand, you have some standards to compare the results with. Some relevant goals for your ads campaign can be:– Leads generation.
– Getting traction for your page.
– Boosting the apps download and etc.
2. Move on to the Facebook Ads Manager
For ads creation and management, Facebook ads manager is a really creative tool you should get used to. You can access this tool by clicking your account’s profile which shows a drop down where you can see the “Manage Ads” option. Just hit it and the dashboard of the Facebook ads manager pops up.
3. Choose the Objective for Your Ads Campaign
After clicking “Create a Facebook Ad” in the ads manager, you will be asked to choose an objective for your campaign. Overall there are 15 options categorized under 3 major marketing objectives listed as follows:– Awareness.
Soon after you have selected any of the objectives, you will be redirected towards an input box where you will be asked to name the ads campaign.
4. Customize Target Audience and Allocate Budget
Now, this is the step where many of the campaigners get confused. Remember, this step is the most crucial step upon which, the success and failure of your campaign are dependent. First of all, you have to define the target audience on the basis of following parameters:– Location.
– Connections.Once you have customized the audience, it’s time to allocate the budget you intend to spend on a certain ads campaign. You can either set a daily budget or a lifetime budget. The daily budget represents the average amount which you will be spending on a daily basis on an ad. On the other hand, the lifetime budget represents the maximum amount of budget you are planning to spend on the promotion of your advertisement.
5. It’s Time to Create Your Advertisement
Here is where the actual fun begins. There are two ways to create an advertisement.
– Re-using an existing Facebook post.
– Creating a new advertisement from scratch.
If you plan on using an existing Facebook post for your advertisement, simply open up the Facebook Ads Manager and select “Use Existing Post” from the dashboard. In options, you can select different thumbnail images, customize it a little bit and bingo! Your advertisement is now live.On the other hand, creating an overall new advertisement requires some time. You have to present your ad-making skills on a entirely blank canvas. There are five advertisement formats offered by Facebook:
If you plan to create a scroll-able slider with images and videos, a carousel is the best choice.
– Single Image.
With a single image format, you can create 6 different variations just by using one image.
– Single Video.
Embed a catchy animated video or record and upload a real video to get more traction.
Use 10 images and arrange them in a nice looking slideshow.
Make use of images and videos to come up with a moving story to woo the viewers.
Once the format has been selected, it’s time to add soul to the ad by enriching it with catchy content, unique audio/videos and images. Remember, this is the second most important part and if you do it right, your ads will out stand all the rest.
6. Select the Ads Placements
Now it’s time to choose the placement of your ads. It’s for you to decide where exactly do you want the ad to be placed so that the visitors can check these out. There are three places where your ads may appear namely:– Mobile’s news feed.
– Desktop news feed.
– Right column.
There are other places to place your ads as well but Facebook recommends using the default feed parameters because a huge percentage of the visitors tend to click on these places.Once your ad has been created, you can submit it by clicking the “Place Order” button. Facebook will review your ad before making it live and once it’s live, you will receive a confirmation email as well.
How to Boost a Post on Facebook?
Boosting any post on your page means you want a certain post to reach out to as many people out there as you want. It’s a great social media marketing strategy and can generate a lot of traction if boosted considering the right place and the right amount of audience. Here are a few tips on how you can boost a post on Facebook.
- First of all, skim through the posts on your Facebook business page and pick the one which you want to boost.
- You’ll see a “Boost Post” button located right below the content of that post, probably on the left.
- Here comes a bit crucial step where you have to select the audience which you intend to reach out to. Remember, you can either boost your post in a pool of already recommended audience or you can come up with a whole new set of targeting options.
- The final step is to allocate a budget and duration. The budget will decide the overall amount which are ready to spend on boosting a campaign and the duration ascertains the time period. Once you have set these parameters, Facebook will give you a calculated estimate indicating how much of an impact, the boosted post is going to make.